how to calibrate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I'm assuming you're talking about color calibration of the display. Open System Preferences->Displays->Color and click the Calibrate button. I use Expert mode. First adjustment, crank contrast all the way up, then adjust brightness so you can just see the oval in the box, but you can't tell the two halves of the box are different shades. Click Continue. From this point on, you're trying to make the Apple in the box match color and shade so that it disappears against the background square, or as close as possible. The left control adjusts the brightness of the Apple, and the right controls shading and hue. Work through those five or six adjustments. Set your screen temperature, set your white balance, and save. This process works for most people, but if you need a more professional calibration solution, you might want to use something like a X-Rite i1Display 2 Colorimeter / color calibrator

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.