Connectivity Issues

Reaction score
I've had a all Apple environment for some time now. Using MobileMe credentials I've always been able to connect from my iMac at work to my home MacPro to share the screen or access data. I've recently replaced my Airport with a Time Capsule and now I can not access my home computer from work. I see it as shared but the connection times out. I can access the new Time Capsule and see the data on that device. What am I missing?

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you copy all the settings that was working in your AEBS to the TC as they are the same with the addition of the hard drive in the TC. Also if you changed your network name that may cause an issue if so try swapping to previous name.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, all settings are the same. I can see the Time Capsule so I know it's not domain or port issues, I can also see my MacPro but I can not access it. It times out.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Try rebooting the TC and your modem at about the same time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.