2011 Macbook Pro 13' Battery Cycle Problem

Reaction score
Okay so I bought a 2011 macbook pro 13 last Thursday but I didn't read on how you should calibrate the battery on a new right a way in order to get the most out of it as well to do at least once a month. Their was also something about downloading this app called coconut or something and that the battery should have 300 cycles before it dies out but since I check coconut out I am worried that I already have gone through 4 cycle in less then a week and am asking how does one calibrate a battery? and how I should I charge my mbp so I don't go through so many cycles as quick. Is this normal for my battery? Sorry I'm new to mac.

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 6.05.07 AM.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

And these new batteries Apple is using are rated at 1,000 cycles, not the 300 cycles of say, the one in my 4+ yr old MBP.

Don't obsess over the battery. Do you obsess over the battery in your TV remote, your car, or any other device? Use your computer the way you want to use it... period. Calibrate it about once a month and be happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.