Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Reaction score
I had one on my windows setup. Very impressed, but then I also had 4 USB ports. The dongle occupied 1 and the rest was available. Sold it with the windows laptop. Now, with the MBP I am using the magic mouse. Great but it has an enormous apetite for batteries and is noisy when moved around. I refer to the following Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Is anyone using this mouse without the supplied dongle on a MBP? Does it use the MBP wireless or bluetooth for communication or do I still have to occupy a USB port with the dongle?

If anyone could provide more user related feedback in the Anywhere MX and MBP combo, including good and bad points, I'd really appreciate it.

Regards from a warm, windy and dusty Crew camp in the Danakil desert, Ethiopia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
According to that link you provided, it uses a tiny USB receiver. You would have to occupy one of your USB ports on your MBP. It does say that you can add other similar devices like keyboards and still use the same USB receiver for both. I'm assuming the keyboard and mouse would have to be Logitech brand? Probably.
They do make blue tooth mice, but they are more expensive and there's still the matter of batteries. That is the same technology used by the magic mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Why don't you look into a USB port hub for your MBP? I have 2 powered hubs hooked up to mine because 2 really don't do the job. Now i have 7 ports used up on that oen, and i'll be hooking up another 4 port soon since i'm running out again. I think that's the best way to go. If you're on the go, i don't know how many USB devices you carry around with you, but i'm sure 2 can do. But for yuor desk, get a hub, you can't go wrong with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.