How to re open deleted web page from History files?

Reaction score
How can I view a page I have in my history but that the page itself has been removed. Can I reconstruct the page from the filesstored in the cache....

OP
S
Reaction score
I want to reopen a page that I has previously visited and that still shows in my history on my Mac Pro. the page itself has been removed but can I view the context form history files? How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
You might also consider the cache[d] link on Google, Yahoo or a history/archiving site like Wayback Machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
History is only a link to the previous page, not a cached version of the page, if I recall. You may be able to view the page using a Google search and viewing the cached version of the page. Apart from that, unless you actually saved the page as a "web archive" I don't know else you might go about this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@SylviaMac

Please do not cross post! As you can see, your question was answered in both threads you created. That causes confusion and clutter in the forums. Only post to one forum. If you feel that you posted in the wrong forum, ask a staff member to move it for you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.