Tiny fly under my screen!

Reaction score
How difficult would it be to remove a small thunder-fly (one of the tiny flies that mass multiply whenever it gets humid), that managed to get under my screen? Is it at all possible? Or do I simply have to wait until it burns away?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
imac, or macbook?

OP
C
Reaction score
It's a Macbook. It's not so bad now, it has retreated under the boarder on the right, but I would still appreciate any advice incase any other find their way under the screen.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
It's a Macbook. It's not so bad now, it has retreated under the boarder on the right, but I would still appreciate any advice incase any other find their way under the screen.

unfortunately a macbook's screen is difficult to remove. take a look on ifixit.com for removal videos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 Powerbook G4, 768 mb's of ram 120gb hard drive, 17 inch dvd burner, or Superdrive
unfortunately a macbook's screen is difficult to remove. take a look on ifixit.com for removal videos.

thats just HALF the work. It is most likely stuck inside of the transflective sheets under the actual LCD. Once removed, you have to VERY CAREFULLY take the LCD itself off the assembly while at the same time preventing dust from getting on there, and VERY CAREFULLY as not to scratch the sheets remove said fly. I had dust trapped inside the transflective sheets in my powerbook, but since the screen was messed up, I replaced it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.