Help please.. Running two monitors, unwanted green screen!

Reaction score
Hey forum..
Im new to this site, just after some friendly advice please!

I produce music & Im Running my Mac G5 with two monitors, allowing the cusor to move between the screens. I have bought an adapter to allow the second screen to insert into the port. I have set the display up so both screens are in the correct arrangement.. But am left with a unwanted green screen!

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.
Lee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I think I speak for everyone here when I say "Huh?"

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Could you provide a few more details? Is one screen green and the other normal? What are the specs on the Mac? Has this configuration worked previously? Is the video card capable of driving two displays?

Thanks, and welcome aboard!

OP
L
Reaction score
Afternoon EvenStranger.

Computer spec:
Name - Power Mac G5
Model - Power Mac 7.3
CPU Type - Power Mac G5 2.2
Number of CPU's - 2
CPU Speed - 1.8 Ghz
L2 Cache (Per cpu) - 512 KB
Memory - 4GB
Bus Speed - 900 MHz
Boot Rom Version - 5.1.8f7

-One screen is normal & one Is green.
-The screen that i have had to add an adapter to, is the green offender.
-I am yet to have this config working.

I am unsure of the video card capabilities.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
A few more questions -

From what I can tell, that video card is probably a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB of VRAM. With the proper ADC-DVI adapter, dual displays should work. Does the second display work correctly if it's the only one connected? Does the display work properly connected to another computer? Do you have another ADC to DVI connector to test? Is it a green tint to the screen, or a full green screen, with no image viewable?

Thanks!

OP
L
Reaction score
Yes the second display works correctly.
The first screen has just a green tint, I can see perfect images.
Yes I bought the ADC-DVI adapter off the net.
I tried swapping the screens to eliminate the possibility of the problem being the screen.

Any Ideas mate?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At this point, I guess your options are to replace the ADC-DVI adapter, add a second video card to drive the second display or try a different monitor. All three solutions have been tried, based on Google searches, with varying results. Hopefully someone else has some other alternatives.

Reaction score
Sure sounds like the adapter is the issue. I would get a new Apple branded one from a local store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.