Running Out Of Storage Space

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
I am now left with 109GB of my original 160. I think I have some superfluous programs in here that I don't use at all...I'll give you guys a list. FYI I'm a junior high kid so...yeah tell me which things I really do not need.

- NetNewsWire
- SubEthaEdit
- Limewire
- Yahoo! Messenger
- Real Player
- VLC
- Windows Media Player
- NeoOfficeJ (think it used to be OpenOffice)

And how do I import everything from the Pictures folder into iPhoto with just a few clicks? I have over 4000+ pictures no thanks to my dad and I've been importing them folder by folder.

And also what is your opinion on which is the better periodic table of elements - ChemiKa or Smell-O-Mints?

Thanks

Reaction score
I would ditch them all and just get the ones you need when the time comes

D

damontgo

I don't think it's your apps eating up your HD space... it's prob your 4000 + pics, 109 GB is a TON of space

Reaction score
Why not use automator to shink all your pictures I believe this is possible, it may free up a lot of space

OP
nicklwj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
How do you do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just drag the entire enclosing folder into iPhoto and it should add them automatically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
I would burn all those pictures to CD or DVD. And like someone else said, get rid of the programs listed and down load them when you need them. Keep VLC.

As for importing the pictures... Just select all the photos and then drag them into iPhoto. But, as I said... Burn them to CD! Just get them off the Mac before you loose them for good. Trust me, it can happen. Again, Im not telling you to delete your photos. But just take them off your computer and burn them to disk. You could loose them if you have a crash or something like that. Trust me, I know. Its happened to me and I was pissed. Even though it was my fault and I should have known better. Ive learned fast to put photos on disk now ASAP. Plus, it will free up space :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Besides...

ONLY 109GB left?

That is sh*tloads of space...I have around 18Gigs left... and that's luxurious for me! (I just upgraded from a 40 to a 80 Gig harddrive).

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would not worry until you get to ten percent of total space left. So in your case it would be able about 16GB.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
On occasion, on my iBook, I'll only have 1GB left. At this point, you are golden. You have tons of space to work with still. Keep all those apps, no need to resize pics or get rid of anything. :)

A

Alcoholica

If you're just about using less than half, you hardly have anything to worry about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.