iPhone 4 - HELP - phone doesn't ring and volume buttons don't work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz 13"
The phone doesn't ring when I get an incoming call (although it does vibrate when on silent mode). Also, the volume buttons on the left hand side have stopped working. I can change volume using the sliders where it has them (e.g. in the iPod app), and through my bluetooth headset too, however.

I've reset the phone through iTunes, and have looked everywhere on the web, but can't find anything to fix these two problems, which have appeared at the same time. And no, I haven't dropped the phone!

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I would bring it to the apple store and if it can't be fixed, they will replace it. My sleep button stopped working and I brought it in and within 3 minutes, I had a new one, or refurbished one.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz 13"
OK. It does sound like a hardware issue. I'll have Vodafone replace it under the warranty. Now, let's see how quickly they can do that....stay tuned!

Reaction score
I don't think its a hardware problem. I believe I have the same problem and what happens is that the volume buttons don't work only on app view. If you go into settings > sounds > ::mess around with the volume slider and 'change with buttons' toggle, you can try using the hardware volume buttons, and they work. They also work when you put the headphones in. This is clearly a software bug, from my point of view.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.