Macbook battery

Reaction score
If you do a couple of searches, you'll find a lot of threads with the same question asked. However, yes, as you stated, the battery capacity will slowly decrease overtime, depending on how well you treat your battery. Personally *checks* I have 594 cycles on mine and 88.8 percent health.

What you can do is calibrate your battery, that will give you more accurate reads on the health of the battery. Now if there's bubbling, it is probably due to the heat. If you don't have a program or something that tells you the internal temperature of the machine, you should definitely get one. iStat and MenuMeters are great programs.

It is normal for the health percentage to fluctuate within 5 points though. If it goes from 70 to 50 and back again in the course of a few day you should definitely calibrate it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 Powerbook G4, 768 mb's of ram 120gb hard drive, 17 inch dvd burner, or Superdrive
You have ALOT of load cycles on that battery, and about this "bubble" i couldnt see the pic... I think your battery is bad.

OP
Paradoox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, late 2009, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Thanks for the tips, I'll download one of those programs.

The bubble is getting smaller now, but anyway I guess it was due to the heat and the fact that the computer was running all day long.

I did calibrate my machine, I followed the steps given by Apple, but it didn't change the percentages. I'll try to calibrate again, to see if there's any change.

Thanks for the answers ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I'll download one of those programs.

The bubble is getting smaller now, but anyway I guess it was due to the heat and the fact that the computer was running all day long.

I did calibrate my machine, I followed the steps given by Apple, but it didn't change the percentages. I'll try to calibrate again, to see if there's any change.

Thanks for the answers ;)

Well that's good; but there's no guarantee that calibrating changes anything in terms of numbers. All it does is give you a better estimate of the health of your battery and, as a result, more accurate percentage and battery life left.

A lot of people calibrate once a month. You should definitely calibrate when you insert a new battery as well. For the past few times I used the spare it would randomly cut off on me; I first attributed it to the battery being bad but a month before that it worked flawlessly. I think the computer just thinks the battery is dead (since I'm inserting the new one after the old is almost gone) and requires the charger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.