a confused newbie

Reaction score
Hi all,I have a IMAC 7.1,i performed a erase and install and added Snow Leopard,Boot Camp and Win 7.I am new to the Mac.My issue is,after installing the above,i guess due to a lack of knowledge,i have a folder named Untitled,this folder is probably so named because i didnt name win 7,back to my pressing issue, after rebooting i get back to my Mac desktop with no clue how to choose win 7.In untitled folder, i have the following items,Autoexec.bat,config.sys.perf logs.program files,users and Windows. i have no means of selecting or using win 7.what is wrong with my installations? can anyone help?? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi all,I have a IMAC 7.1,i performed a erase and install and added Snow Leopard,Boot Camp and Win 7.I am new to the Mac.My issue is,after installing the above,i guess due to a lack of knowledge,i have a folder named Untitled,this folder is probably so named because i didnt name win 7,back to my pressing issue, after rebooting i get back to my Mac desktop with no clue how to choose win 7.In untitled folder, i have the following items,Autoexec.bat,config.sys.perf logs.program files,users and Windows. i have no means of selecting or using win 7.what is wrong with my installations? can anyone help?? Thanks

Is "Untitled" a folder on a drive (partition really), or the partition itself? Those files you described are all DOS/Windows files normally found on the root directory of the drive. If you are able to boot into Windows, then open "My Computer" and see what the name of the drive is. Normally it'd be Boot Camp. If it's "Untitled", then you can rename it from there to what you like.

OP
J
Reaction score
Untitled is a partition. I am unable to boot into Windows. Thanks for response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Are you rebooting and holding down the option key at startup? You must do this and then you have the ability choose which partition to load at startup, either Macintosh HD or "Untitled" Windows 7 (Bootcamp doesn't allow you to launch Windows as a virtual machine inside of Mac OSX like Parallels or VMware Fusion do). If you do need to run both systems simultaneously, look into the programs I mentioned or also VirtualBox, a free VM from Sun. Hope this helps.

OP
J
Reaction score
Is "Untitled" a folder on a drive (partition really), or the partition itself? Those files you described are all DOS/Windows files normally found on the root directory of the drive. If you are able to boot into Windows, then open "My Computer" and see what the name of the drive is. Normally it'd be Boot Camp. If it's "Untitled", then you can rename it from there to what you like.

Am able to boot into Win 7,thanks for help

OP
J
Reaction score
Are you rebooting and holding down the option key at startup? You must do this and then you have the ability choose which partition to load at startup, either Macintosh HD or "Untitled" Windows 7 (Bootcamp doesn't allow you to launch Windows as a virtual machine inside of Mac OSX like Parallels or VMware Fusion do). If you do need to run both systems simultaneously, look into the programs I mentioned or also VirtualBox, a free VM from Sun. Hope this helps.

Working swell, ihave parallels 6,didnt use because msg said cant run because only had 512mb ram,my mac has total of 2 gb ram. thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.