Macbook Pro 13" and Dawn of War 2

Reaction score
Hi there, I am going to get Windows 7 and use it via bootcamp on my 13" Macbook Pro 2011. I wanted to know from those who know for SURE or have the games (see below), that they will work.

The games I would like to be able to play are:

Dawn of War 2
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Dawn of War 2: Retribution

Also,
COD Modern Warfare 2.

As I said before, If you know about these games on my 13" Pro 2011, please post how well they run/ if they run at all, as I don't wanna spend $300 AU on it for nothing.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Merged threads...not necessary to double post.

Thanks,

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As a gamer, you should really become aware of how to look up/find/hunt out the system requirements for your games. This is pretty much mandatory, not optional for gamers.

Whatever game you're wondering about, in this case Dawn of War 2, do a search for 'Dawn of War 2 system requirements'.

You should find the minimum and the recommended. Then compare those to your system. Don't know anything about CPUs and GPUs? You really need to learn that also if you're going to be a gamer. Or do a search for the CPUs/GPUs in question to find comparisons or age of each.

Plan on installing a game to an operating system newer than what is specified in the system requirements. You'd be at an advantage to also do a search for that game title and the OS, such as 'Dawn of War 2 Windows 7'.

Unless you are asking this type question in a forum that deals specifically with the game title you are asking about (in this case a Dawn of War 2 forum), you are going to find the answer to specific questions like this much, much faster than you will hoping that someone in a forum such as this one is already doing exactly what you want to do.

Knowing when specific titles were released will also assist in your knowledge of what CPU/GPU they were designed to be run on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.