Interface Builder alternate

Reaction score
Dear All!

I am facing extreme difficulty while developing iPad/iPhone app in xcode (I am newbie for it). I found that interface-builder.app is getting crashed every time when I double click on it or double click any xib file.

Moreover for a "hello world" program, i removed xib file and adjusted accordingly in .m file and hello-world app worked well.

So as a temporary solution, I am not willing to use/create any xib file. I later found that xib is nothing but file written in xml.

Now, my question is that can I use objective-c code to create UI (simple only) so that I can save it as .m file instead of .xib file? I know it is not a good approach but this will solve my problem temporarily.

Kindly let me know the relevant link also.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sagar Priyadarshi

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes the XIB files are just XML files..but Interface Builder is really a useful tool to help with the layout..doing it manually will become a chore VERY quickly..

You're probably better of figuring out why XCode/IB is crashing first..

What version of Xcode, OSX, type of Mac do you have?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi

Yes, I know that IB will be very effective while developing but I dint get any solution how to overcome this problem.

Configurations are:

Mac OS X Server: 10.6.7
xcode: 3.2.5
iOS: 4.2
Simulator: 4.2

Every time interface builder is started, some errors like IBAssertionfailure comes.

Plz suggest.

thnks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.