Shutdown during partitioning

Reaction score
I accidentally shut down my computer while I was using bootcamp to partition my hard drive. I restarted and everything worked fine, but the partition doesn't show up but it says that I only have 8 gigs of memory on my hard drive, and that 225 were used up, which is the amount I was trying to partition. I don't know how to fix this, I'm not even sure what happened. I just recently wiped my computer so I don't care if I have to do it again, I'm just not sure what to do and I need to fix this fast. Any ideas?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Does the partition you were trying to create show up at all if you run the Bootcamp utility again. If it does try deleting the partition from there and recreate a new one.

BTW just so I didn't misunderstand something I have a question. If BootCamp had finished creating the partition that you started how much space would be left empty on the OS X partition? If that gets too low the system can really start to misbehave.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.