Trackpad not responding correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
Hey all, i have a late 2009 macbook. OSX is up to date. My issue is that when i click the trackpad, it does not respond. I had to turn on touch to click, because the push to click has not worked for a few weeks now. I have tried resetting my Pram. What other steps can i try?

Reaction score
Hey all, i have a late 2009 macbook. OSX is up to date. My issue is that when i click the trackpad, it does not respond. I had to turn on touch to click, because the push to click has not worked for a few weeks now. I have tried resetting my Pram. What other steps can i try?

Firstly has there been any accidental damage or liquid in contact with the trackpad?

I believe, an internal inspection might deliver the cause of the problem... however, looking at teardowns for a unibody that it's a pretty difficult job to do yourself

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
No there has been no spills or any type of damage to the macbook. Just up and stopped one day. I asked how much it would be to fix it, and apple said around 400usd estimate. Is the track pad just dead when it comes to clicking now? If so ill have to get used to tap to click.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.