Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
yeah, I found out when it auto-updated on me while I was burning some DVD's

anyone know what it improve's or fix's?

OP
M

menace3054

This service pack provides expanded support for Microsoft Exchange Server accounts, performance improvements, security enhancements, and increased stability for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage for Office 2004. This service pack also includes all of the improvements released in Office 2004 Service Pack 1 (11.1.0), Office 2004 11.1.1 Security Update, and international proofing tools updates.

OP
K

kevrodg

Cannot query LDAP

I installed the service pack and I am no longer able to query the directory (LDAP). I am stuck with this: An unknown error (-17768) occurred. Previous to the service pack, e-mail addresses would resolve whenever I typed part of the name. This no longer works.

I have tried multiple iterations of the search base all to no avail. If anyone can offer any tips on how I may be able to get this to work, I would be most grateful.

OP
K

kevrodg

I fixed it.

Never mind my request for help. I figured it out. Apparently my LDAP requires SSL. Funny, I thought I tried it that way before, but I guess not.

OP
K

kevrodg

kevrodg said:
Never mind my request for help. I figured it out. Apparently my LDAP requires SSL. Funny, I thought I tried it that way before, but I guess not.

No, that wasn't it either. I was just using the wrong LDAP server. I did a search for them on my network and just kept trying different ones. I turned of SSL when it started to give me root certificate errors and it still works. Thanks for reading - I won't bother this post again.

This problem had me going since last night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.