internet glitch - Help!

Reaction score
i have recently bought a macbook pro and have had internet glitches since i got it. On many websites there are lines running down the screen and words and letters are obscured, have giant gaps in between them and across the page, and words are on top of each other. This is really annoying and frustrating as things are unreadable. It happens the worst in my hotmail account. emails are almost impossible to read. firefox is the browser i use but i have discovered the glitch is apparent in chrome and safari aswell. i have taken my laptop into mac and none of the support guys can figure it out.
Please help!! any suggestions??

pics attached.

Screen shot 2011-06-26 at 12.51.17 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-06-26 at 12.54.11 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
All of those weird lines involve the letter 'h", and you have other instances of some letters missing. Not every 'h" is showing the weird line (EDIT: actually all lower-case 'h' characters are, but not the upper-case ones), but what this suggests to me is that a font on your system is corrupt, or perhaps the cache is. First thing to try is deleting the font cache. You can do this with Onyx, under the Cleaning menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If deleting the font cache doesn't work, try running Font Book, select all fonts, then "Validate" them from the menu. If you get any errors, please report back what they are in detail. Also try logging into an alternate user and see if the problem persists there. That will help determine if this is a system-wide issue or isolated to one user account, and from there we can more easily root the culprit out.

OP
C
Reaction score
yup it was a corrupt font. tahoma. i erased it and the problem is fixed. firefox and my email are working. thanks so much. that has been bugging me for months.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now that you have the answer to your problem... please do not cross post to another forum with the same question. Always keep the subject to one thread and post back to the same thread. Your cross post was deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yup it was a corrupt font. tahoma. i erased it and the problem is fixed. firefox and my email are working. thanks so much. that has been bugging me for months.

Awesome! Be sure to swing by the Apple Store and give those geniuses my love. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.