How much will it cost to get the screen on my Macbook Pro fixed?

Reaction score
It's a 17 inch. And it's not just the LCD screen (which has weird dark/grey blotches all around the edges of it), but the metal frame around the LCD screen is cracked on both the lower left and lower right sides. It doesn't stay up on it's own, I either have to hold it with one hand or prop it up against something. It just falls backwards. I have NO idea how the cracks got there.

The one on the right was there first, and at first I just thought it was a scratch. Then it became a hairline crack, then eventually it totally cracked through and some plastic piece fell off along with a screw. Then the same thing happened on the left. Again I could not give you the slightest clue as to how this started. I have taken extremely good care of it. Never dropped it or bumped it.

Does anyone have any idea of the process it would take Apple or maybe someone else to repair this? Would Apple have to send it out? How much do you think it would cost?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Give the folks at iResQ a call and ask them how much it would cost to replace the screen and probably both the top and bottom case.

1-888-447-3728

Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Central

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.