multiple devices on one plan.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is true or not? I heard a guy talking about mobile devices and he said if you have a cell phone contract with a data plan you can add a tablet to it and wont have to add another data plan.

I was considering getting a 3G ipad if that was true, but I don't think it is. Cell phone service providers would probably make you get another plan for the ipad so they make more money off of you.

I may be wrong though, just asking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Does anyone know if this is true or not? I heard a guy talking about mobile devices and he said if you have a cell phone contract with a data plan you can add a tablet to it and wont have to add another data plan.

I was considering getting a 3G ipad if that was true, but I don't think it is. Cell phone service providers would probably make you get another plan for the ipad so they make more money off of you.

I may be wrong though, just asking.

That all depends on where you live and who your carrier is. Why not just ask them for the definitive answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (late 2009) 15" 2.53 gHz
Tethering

Hi Guys,
maybe the guy you were talking with meant tethering over an wifi hotspot from the phone. this works with android and apple iphones. so if you don't mind getting your phones battery used up faster, you can save the money for a 3g ipad and just tether via wifi;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Guys,
maybe the guy you were talking with meant tethering over an wifi hotspot from the phone. this works with android and apple iphones. so if you don't mind getting your phones battery used up faster, you can save the money for a 3g ipad and just tether via wifi;D

He still may have to pay for a tethering plan. It all depends on his carrier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (late 2009) 15" 2.53 gHz
:Smirk:if you have Cydia installed, there's an app for tethering free, I don't know if it is legal in your region, but how could they find out? you're then just using the ipad as a remote for the phone:Smirk:

Cheers,
mormic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.