10.6.8 Trim support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I just noticed that 10.6.8 activated trim support on my MBA. I have an SSD in my MBP and it is not on with that machine. I guess that it must be limited to SSD's with Apple firmware. Is anyone seeing trim support on anything other than Apple shipped SSD's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just noticed that 10.6.8 activated trim support on my MBA. I have an SSD in my MBP and it is not on with that machine. I guess that it must be limited to SSD's with Apple firmware. Is anyone seeing trim support on anything other than Apple shipped SSD's?

Why not just use this?
Download TRIM Enabler for Mac - Write faster to any SSD in Mac OS X 10.6.7. MacUpdate.com

Might want to check for 10.6.8 support before using it. EDIT: And read all the comments there.

OP
JohnCL
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Thanks for the links. Some of the comments note a decrease in performance. I am going to leave the MBP as is for now and run some new benchmarks on the MBA since the addition of trim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.