usinf epson 2100 printer with old powerbook g5 - help!

gss

Reaction score
morning all......

i've hit a problem after being forced to do a re-install on my old powebook g5 133ghz power pc - i am running the original system installer disc which is osx 10.2.7

i'm trying to use my trusty old epson 2100 printer with the machine whilst only running photoshop on it as a basic one trick work horse for proofing black and white images out of photoshop which i use as a guide for getting screenprint screens made from, no other software, not even internet access is needed on this machine. i've had it running this way for some time perfectly well and recently needed to re-install from scratch and must have previously upgraded the operating system or the printer driver at somepoint without saving the newer driver.

i'm now left in the frustrating position of having to buy the latest os for the machine in order to download one of epsons new compatible drivers. i'm fearful that the new os would slow the machine down with all its new capabilities which arent really needed for the purposes of this computer.

could anyone point me in the direction of an old epson printer driver which would run a photo 2100 on operating system 10.2.7???.

yours hopefully

mr desperate!

OP
G

gss

Reaction score
desperate!!!!! help

does anyone have an old driver for the epson 2100 that would run on apple osx 10.2.7

tried everywhere - no luck sadly

will happily forward a few beer tokens for the software!

yours hopefully

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this website: LINK If they don't have the drivers you need, you might want to think about upgrading your version of OS X.

OP
G

gss

Reaction score
Try this website: LINK If they don't have the drivers you need, you might want to think about upgrading your version of OS X.

really trying to avoid putting a new operating system on the old mac - it will slow it domw too much. triend the link yesterday - you need to be running 10.4 for those sadly. thanks for your help though....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post! You have already asked this in the Switcher forum (this forum). Do not post the same thing again to another forum. Your post has been moved here to the original thread.

OP
G

gss

Reaction score
no problem, sorry about that.

wasn't sure which best to go for.......

would be really grateful if anyone can shed any light on this for me

the original disc that came with the printer states disc vol 1.2

i'm presuming i need the next version on if i'm to avoid having to buy and install 10.5 or something equally system draining.

Reaction score
I didn't test the driver (since I have neither 10.2, nor an Epson printer) but this page appears to have what you're looking for. Just select "Mac OSX - Power PC" from the drop-down box, and a version labeled "PPD installer for Mac OS X 10.2 and above" will appear.

Please let us know how it works out.

OP
G

gss

Reaction score
thank you so much - i've just managed to get it working. (i think)

i'd looked all over the net and couldn't spot anything anywhere.

seems to be printing ok now! fingers crossed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.