Constant Restores?

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd Iphone 4 as of now. First one failed when it started freezing then selecting it's own key strokes. Then the second one shattered. The third one seems to need a lot of restores. Within 24 hours I've had to restore the iphone 3 times. What's up with that?

OP
S
Reaction score
I have an appointment to have Iphone4 #3 looked at tomorrow. They haven't seen this one yet.

OP
S
Reaction score
Once again it appears to be a mystery problem, they just replaced it on warranty. I'm starting to think the extended warranty wouldn't be a bad idea...I only have 40 some days left on this one...

C

chas_m

You say the second one "shattered." You mean you dropped it, yes?

Not knowing the whole story about these iPhones, but knowing lots of anecdotal evidence from clients, I have to wonder if some of these issues you're experiencing (which are, as you know, atypical) have to do with lighter, non-shattering drops, falls or being banged around inside a bag/knapsack/briefcase/et al.

Most of the people I've run into who experienced the oddball problems you're describing have either dropped them or let their small children play with the devices. I'm not saying this applies to you necessarily.

Extended warranty might be good ... might also want to consider an Otterbox case if you or the people who use the iPhone tend to be a little rough-handed with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.