• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems with MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b4

Ike

Reaction score
OSX 10.6.7
Safari 5.0.5
MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b4

Hello -

When I attempt to open, convert or download (non-copyrighted) YouTube videos using MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b4, under File>Open URL, I get the "File Error: Can't open the file" alert, with no option to "Open Anyway."

This occurs 1) even after the YouTube video is fully loaded on the open URL

and

2) with ANY combination of

a) Open; Convert; Download;
b) Progressive download; Random Access; and
c) YouTube: HD; MP4; FLV

I've heard nothing but good things about this software and haven't found any forum threads regarding it since 2009. I've had problems opening video files from DVD's with Streamclip too, but right now the URL problems takes precedence. Frankly it seems nothing about this software works for me. Perhaps it's a compatibility issue, and there is a newer version out there that works with Snow Leopard? Any ideas?

-Isaac :Cool:

OP
I

Ike

Reaction score
Thanks for the link -
I started with 1.9.2 with the exact same problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.