office x for mac entourage 2gb limit

Reaction score
Operating office x on mac OSX 10.4.11 It has reached it's 2GB limit and crashed. I have rebuilt the database from quite an old version and have lost information in the process.
I still have the 2GB database stored, is there any way i can access the this?

please help!

Reaction score
I haven't used office X in quite some time, but isn't there a separate file under the identity for 'saved attachments'? If so, I'm wondering what would happen if you moved any files from that folder to a folder outside of your office identities?

If you've used up 2GB of space, I would assume a bulk of that is eaten up with attachments that you have sent/received but never deleted.

Just a thought.

Reaction score
thanks for your response. I will give it a whirl and see!

I hope it works, but one thing to keep in mind, ALL of your attachments don't appear in 'saved attachments'. I believe it's only those you've edited and saved. One thing you might want to do is navigate to documents/microsoft user data/office x identities/main identity/database and check on the size of the actual *database* file. If it's at or over 2GB, you may be in for a rough ride. I'm not sure there's any way to pull info out of that file itself. Someone with a better understanding of entourage/office x will have to answer that one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.