keyboard stops from booting after software upgrade from apple

Reaction score
imac 25 inch
2.66 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
version 10.6.8

After doing a software update yesterday (june 23 2011) I got a error when Imac tried to reboot that I needed to turn power off and the turn power back on (in 4 languages) over and over until I disconnected my Ihome Iconnect media keyboard made by www.iife-works.com model IH-K231MS Boots fine with apple keyboard . Everything was fine 2 mins b4 upgrade ... Could be apple didn't check latest upgrade with all (made for apple products) come on don't start being like microsoft aplle !!!!!! Macauthority I know will be of no help

Ken B

OP
N
Reaction score
Update email received from life-works tech

"Quote""Hi Ken,

We are sorry for the inconvenince and this is the very recent issue that we are facing from the customers, so we request you to please be patient while we upgade the drivers for the customer.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whenever you have other than Apple hardware attached, you should always go back to the manufacturer first for assistance - especially for drivers. As you have learned, it sometimes takes a while for hardware providers to catch up with the latest updates from Apple.

Reaction score
Same issue

I had the same problem yesterday when I restarted after installing the Snow Leopard OS update. Luckily I saved my original IMAC keyboard. Now trying to decide if I should buy a replacement keyboard or wait for the ihome driver update...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.