Itunes confued...

Reaction score
First of I would like to say hello.

My wife and I both have the gen4 iPod touch i.e. two. We love them to death since we switched from the craptastic zune about six months ago.

Everything has been ok after a software and usb glitch but the genius bar techs worked wonders. Ok so to the point; I must warn you I am using win 7 PC so please be gentle.

I just plunged in my iPod and started iTunes when I got an error box which reads; "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)" !! I swear I did not change any settings since I got things working. I am confused... Why is iTunes trying to look for an iPhone?? :Oops: Has any one else had this problem and is there a fix?? Please help.

Thank you,
Jeff

C

chas_m

First thing to try is just simply to power down the iPod Touch completely. Many people never or rarely do this. You press and hold the sleep button till the "slide to power off" option appears. Then turn it back on and wait for it to restart, THEN try plugging it in again.

OP
G
Reaction score
Wow, I feel ashamed that I forgot the first step in most computer/software problems.... :Blushing: Thank you. It's syncing fine now.

Cheers,
Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.