What to do with an extra iMac

Reaction score
I have now upgraded to my Mac Pro.... LOVE! And now the wife has my old macbook pro... so what to do with my old iMac.

I am thinking of mounting in my daughters room to play her kid shows and so I can remotely watch the camera..

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have now upgraded to my Mac Pro.... LOVE! And now the wife has my old macbook pro... so what to do with my old iMac.

I am thinking of mounting in my daughters room to play her kid shows and so I can remotely watch the camera..

It'll look better in my room. But don't even THINK about accessing that camera on me.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OP
B
Reaction score
Glad I didn't disappoint.

Oh yes… as for mounting? You didn't mention which iMac, but some models do support VESA mounting brackets.
Can you wall mount the Aluminum iMac models? Are they VESA compliant? @ EveryMac.com

iMac Wall Mount

Come on… you know that will look great in my bedroom. Wait… just how do you know what my bedroom looks like anyway? :Confused:

It is a 24" 2.4ghz, and it is wall mountable. The problem is that I live in cheap military housing, which is aluminium framed and the studs are a pain in the **** to find and drill. I would have to build a brace to support its wait. And an iMac would look great in any bedroom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.