iphone 3gs in toilet PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I have a two part question.
Yesterday I dropped my iphone 3gs in the toilet. It obviously instantly stopped working and I shut it off immediately. I have an old original iphone that I set up last night by switching the SIM card and calling at&t and having them swap the devices on the network. Unfortunately, the old iphone doesn't have any of my contacts. Is there a way for me to use a backup from the 3gs to the old iphone? I have a macbook and backup my 3gs regularly, but only a few contacts are in my "contact" application on my computer. How can I get my old settings and phone numbers on to the old "new" iphone?
Second, this morning I plugged the 3gs phone into the computer to see if it would work and it turns on and backed up onto the computer and according to itunes still has all the photos, music and apps on it. I downloaded the new version of itunes and then itunes told me "it was complete and safe to disconnect my phone", however now the phone is stuck on the apple icon. Should I just give up on the 3gs all together or can anyone tell me what to do?
I'd like to be able to use either phone until the next generation iphone comes out in September.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
You might need to restore the iPhone. If that does not work then I would say that the 3GS is done. I would wait for the new iPhone to come out if the restore does not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.