Time Machine Info / Help..!!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using a Mac Book Pro Version 10.5.8

I have just purchased an iMac with Snow Leopard. I have among other things, 3 main applications I want to transfer. (EyeTV, Logic Pro 8 and Final Cut).

Will I be able to use Time Machine for this, (Backing up my whole computer, and restoring those apps / files) - despite the fact they are 2 different operating systems. Thanks.

C

chas_m

Migration Assistant would have done this for you automatically, but I'm not sure what the big deal would be to reinstall those apps if you had to. EyeTV is a short download, the other two of course would need to be reinstalled from your disk.

As for whether they'll work on your updated system, that depends entirely on the version. Again, re-downloading EyeTV will ensure that you have the latest version. With the others, they'll probably work, but you may want to upgrade anyway (well, I think I'd hold off on upgrading to Final Cut Pro X until the first round of bugfixes is out).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.