SBBOD won't go away when I turn on my machine...

Reaction score
It's a new MacBook Pro - about three months old - anyone know what I need to to to get rid of the SBBOD, log on and get back inside my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Definitely more information is going to be needed. A spinning beach ball typically means a process is either stalled or extremely slow, tying up all system resources or blocking other activity. Knowing when it occurs with regards to the normal boot up process would help. Example, from your brief question, I'm guessing the gray Apple icon appears with the spin wheel below it and goes away. After that, you should see a (typically) blue screen as the finder loads, then your desktop, then your menubar items, then your desktop and dock items, and finally whatever apps you may have set to launch at logon. You can eliminate the logon items by holding down the shift key at startup. If the system boots normally in "Safe Mode" then you're probably looking at a login item or possibly a bad 3rd party driver.
Let us know... the more detail the better.

OP
H
Reaction score
Cheers, guys,

Problem is now sorted.

Managed to turn the computer completely off (not easy when you can't actually turn it on to begin with). I then left it for a couple of hours and the SBBOD is back in its box

C

chas_m

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Fascinated that you thought everyone would just know what SSBOD means.

OP
H
Reaction score
SBBOD - Spinning Beach Ball of Death, yes? Did some searching on the web so as not to come here and waste everyone's time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
Glad to hear it's sorted.

Fascinated that you thought everyone would just know what SSBOD means.

I would think most people savvy enough to give decent advice would probably know what it means. Just my two cents.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.