Can't sync iphone while running 10.4.1 ***?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What is this? Are they serious? How do i sync my phone? I'm about to get highly angry. What kinda bs is this? I need itunes 10 to sync it and there telling me i can't get itunes ten. Like really apple? CAn someone please explain to me how i can bypass this bs and sync it? And no i am not updating my mac because i don't have money to dole out for a new OS or else i would have already bought it. Just got this phone today and its telling me i can't sync it. I have hundreds of dollars worth of apps and music on this POS computer and it wont let me sync it.

C

chas_m

Come back when you've calmed down and we'll explain how buying 2011 equipment and connecting it to an OS from five years ago won't work, but that if you'd just kept your OS up to date during the Leopard era (2007-2009) everything would be fine now.

If you have an Intel Mac, it's going to cost you a WHOLE $30 (or waiting a month) to fix this issue. If you don't have an Intel Mac, seriously -- you don't have a leg to stand on, complaining-wise. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but the bottom line is that the guy who mucked this up is the cheap sonofagun living in your shaving mirror.

OP
T
Reaction score
Come back when you've calmed down and we'll explain how buying 2011 equipment and connecting it to an OS from five years ago won't work, but that if you'd just kept your OS up to date during the Leopard era (2007-2009) everything would be fine now.

If you have an Intel Mac, it's going to cost you a WHOLE $30 (or waiting a month) to fix this issue. If you don't have an Intel Mac, seriously -- you don't have a leg to stand on, complaining-wise. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but the bottom line is that the guy who mucked this up is the cheap sonofagun living in your shaving mirror.

Oh really? What don't you understand about me not having the money to upgrade? If I had the money to upgrade I would have done it quite a few years ago.

And ***? Would it have been that hard for them to say "btw you can't sync this to tiger?" They are money hungry POS. How old is xp buddy? They can make iTunes for xp but not there own os? Microsoft would never try this crap. And really how hard would it be to make ITUNES simple program like ITUNES backwards compatible. Or how about they dont make the upgrade mandatory at all? Idk how anyone could support apple.

Oh and I don't believe I asked for your opinion. I asked for a way to sync my iPod free of charge.a

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you just purchased your phone, you have 15 days to take it back. If it's been more than 15 days, Craigslist it. We have no time to feed the trolls. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

OP
T
Reaction score
If you just purchased your phone, you have 15 days to take it back. If it's been more than 15 days, Craigslist it. We have no time to feed the trolls. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Really asking a question is trolling? Why don't you take apples nuts out of your mouth? You are trolling more then me seeing as how you didn't answer even one of my questions. You don't have a rebuttal so you just call me a troll? Get a life.

C

chas_m

Bye now! Oh, and good luck getting an Android phone to work with your antique Mac either, pal.

PS. Clue: system requirements are written ON THE BOX. Try reading next time. See ya!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Well it is because tiger is a rather old OS apple has come out with 2 new operating systems. I can see why you are upset but tiger is outdated now.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The new iPhone 4, and not sure how far back need iTunes 10. iTunes 10 needs OS X Leopard and above. iTunes is the only application that can properly sync with iPhones. Those are the facts, this forum and members surely have no pull with Apple to change that..

Ergo, if you wish to sync with your new iPhone, you'll need iTunes 10 and a Mac that is new enough to run it or Windows..

If you can't upgrade your OS to run iTunes 10, you can't sync with your iPhone..so deal with that however you can..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We do not allow cussing and insults to members here at Mac Forums. Cool off please.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This thread isn't going to go anywhere positive so I'm going to close it. As a reminder, let's all remember the following from the Community Guidelines:
Play nice.
Our community is made up of many kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've seen this argument about Windows XP being able to run newer versions of iTunes before and I just want to remind everyone about this...

Windows XP had an unusually long lifespan for an OS. New computers were being sold with Windows XP from late 2001 all the way into 2010. And being that XP has one of the largest installed user bases of any OS, it would be madness for Apple not to take great pains to continue to support XP.

During the time that XP was a mainstream OS, Apple not only released the original iteration of OS X, but 6 major revisions to it. This release schedule was more inline with Microsoft's normal methodology. So, the unusually long life of XP is somewhat of an anomaly in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.