Zinio V3 Reader

Reaction score
Zinio has a different version 3 reader for OS X 10.5 & 10.6. Does that mean software, such as Zinio Version 3, running under OS X 10.6 may not run with OS X 10.7 (Lion)?

Zinio Version 3 reader is being replaced by Version 4. However, my preference is to stay with Version 3. Zinio may not provide a 10.7 Version 3 reader.

How downward compatible will a new release OS X be with existing applications? Will upgraded versions of the applications be required?

Thanks.

Mike

Reaction score
In my experience, operating system support is the responsibility of the developer. Many programs run just fine on different versions of an OS, while some don't. I still have some apps designed for Tiger that run just fine on Snow Leopard, for example. As for Zinio, specifically, you'll probably have to ask them.

For what it's worth, Vizio 4's system requirements say it's for OSX 10.5.4 or later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.