Reaction score
Googled it but couldn't find my answer. We are converting to Mac when our PC bites the dust. Wondering if Macs have profiles like PC's do. In other words, I have all my icons and preferences set up on my destop. My wife and other family have their profiles, can log off or switch screen names to their own. Does this exist on Mac desktops and laptops also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yep... You can set up as many user accounts as you want, with different levels of access, being admin, standard user or guest.
Admin and standard accounts keep their own profiles as customised by the users, and guest accounts lose any saved changes once they are logged out.

Reaction score
Yep... You can set up as many user accounts as you want, with different levels of access, being admin, standard user or guest.
Admin and standard accounts keep their own profiles as customised by the users, and guest accounts lose any saved changes once they are logged out.

Can this be done on Ipads? If so, how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Nope, it can't be done on iPads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.