• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Squaretrade insurance for my iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Anyone have Squaretrade insurance for their iPhone?
Ever need it?
Recommend it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Several of our forum members have purchased Squaretrade insurance and seem to highly recommend them. I believe that one of our Administrators has purchased insurance from them. Perhaps he'll see your post and comment.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That would be me.

I can't really speak to their service as I haven't had to use it yet. But from the standpoint that it was cheap and fairly comprehensive for a phone policy, I couldn't be more pleased. And they're always extending me special offers on other products now. I guess we'll see if it's any good if I need to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
That would be me.

I can't really speak to their service as I haven't had to use it yet. But from the standpoint that it was cheap and fairly comprehensive for a phone policy, I couldn't be more pleased. And they're always extending me special offers on other products now. I guess we'll see if it's any good if I need to use it.

same here....i bought it but never used it. I baby my phone anyway so i probably wasted my money. that being said, I'm sure i will be sending them more money when the iPhone 5 hits

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Thanks.
I have been through 3 phones.
One was crushed in a recliner -3GS
Borrowed a 3G to get me by and I dropped that one.
Sold those 3 to finance my white iPhone 4 and it's screen wqs cracked when I totaled my car was hit and totaled last week.

I will probably use them once I have my new one paid for by the insurance company. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
With all those mishaps you've been having, you definitely need to buy plenty of insurance! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Get an iPhone bumper while you're at it. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will probably use them once I have my new one paid for by the insurance company. Thanks

I believe that's what he means by the above.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Thanks.
I have been through 3 phones.
One was crushed in a recliner -3GS
Borrowed a 3G to get me by and I dropped that one.
Sold those 3 to finance my white iPhone 4 and it's screen wqs cracked when I totaled my car was hit and totaled last week.

I think you should super glue that phone to your hand. or maybe some nice velcro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.