Just got an iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Woohooo... I got frustrated with my corporate kill joy BlackBerry Phone, so I finally caved in an bought myself a (personal) iPhone 4 White with a Black Bumper... It performs like a dream and looks slick ;D :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Awesome! Welcome to the "club". ;) I also went from a BB to iPhone 4 (last year). Never looked back.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well there needs to be pics. :p

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'm in a similar boat. I've had a blackberry for years - correction - 9 or 10 blackberries - and although I liked the original ones - I've disliked each subsequent model more and more - and the latest is just a dog. I'm due for an upgrade - so who knows - maybe they'll surprise me and it'll be a thing of beauty, but I doubt it. I'm just really tired of watching the little spinning clock for 15-45 seconds before I can unlock it just to make a phone call. And forget trying to snag a quick picture before the opportunity is gone.

I'm going to grab an iPhone when the next one comes out. I don't like the idea of carrying two phones - but the blackberry has me ready to smash it to bits some days. In fairness - some of the slowdown may be due to the security SW imposed by the company I work for - but it doesn't change the fact that the bberry is a POS most of the time.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Awesome! Welcome to the "club". ;) I also went from a BB to iPhone 4 (last year). Never looked back.

Thanks man. I am really enjoying this club and glad I am finally here :Cool:

Well there needs to be pics. :p

There will be pictures posted, I promise, just when I get done playing for a little while more. ;P
I'm in a similar boat. I've had a blackberry for years - correction - 9 or 10 blackberries - and although I liked the original ones - I've disliked each subsequent model more and more - and the latest is just a dog. I'm due for an upgrade - so who knows - maybe they'll surprise me and it'll be a thing of beauty, but I doubt it. I'm just really tired of watching the little spinning clock for 15-45 seconds before I can unlock it just to make a phone call. And forget trying to snag a quick picture before the opportunity is gone.

I'm going to grab an iPhone when the next one comes out. I don't like the idea of carrying two phones - but the blackberry has me ready to smash it to bits some days. In fairness - some of the slowdown may be due to the security SW imposed by the company I work for - but it doesn't change the fact that the bberry is a POS most of the time.

Brian, reading your post looks like you are having the same exact, trademark experiences I was enjoying with the BB. You'll love the iPhone when you pick it up.

C

chas_m

Funny how we're all so excited about getting a phone that's nine months old and about to be replaced (or bumped) in the fall! :)

As many on this forum know, I have an original first-day iPhone (2G) that has faithfully served me well for almost precisely four years. Thanks in part to unlocking, in part to jailbreaking, and in LARGE part to Apple's incredible software updates, I have been able to push it far beyond what it could originally do, and as I say it's still very highly usable (apart from being unable to handle non-EDGE cellular data, and being stuck at OS 3.1.3, and having a really crap camera).

Finally, however, the writing was on the wall ... more and more apps that couldn't work with it or took advantage of features not included; later and more advanced OS updates I couldn't use, and an increasing need to be able to access data online "out in the field" (even though I am in a Wi-Fi environment about 95% of the time, seriously!).

So I waited like a duck hunter in Minnesota, and finally bagged a really good deal on a pristine iPhone 4 and took over a contract that was right at the sweet spot. Some tinkering left to do with the plan details, but basically I'm in a very good position both for now, and for the eventual 2012 iPhone.

C

chas_m

You are -- but sadly I don't think a jailbreak exists for the iPhone 4 running iOS 4.x at this point. I actually have almost no interest in jailbreaking EXCEPT that I need to unlock my iPhone for use in the states. I should actually check with Fido and see if they'll do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
There are jailbreaks for 4.3.x out there.

C

chas_m

There are jailbreaks for 4.3.x out there.

Ah, BUT are they trustyworthy?

Basically, my view is if iClarified hasn't put their stamp of approval on it, it's not. Also, bear in mind that my iPhone is tied to a Mac, not a PC (for which there are different tools). However, I'll research it further.

Reaction score
You are -- but sadly I don't think a jailbreak exists for the iPhone 4 running iOS 4.x at this point. I actually have almost no interest in jailbreaking EXCEPT that I need to unlock my iPhone for use in the states. I should actually check with Fido and see if they'll do it.

Well, jailbreak is more than unlock.
You are converting the iPhone to be more powerful :)

Ah, BUT are they trustyworthy?

Basically, my view is if iClarified hasn't put their stamp of approval on it, it's not. Also, bear in mind that my iPhone is tied to a Mac, not a PC (for which there are different tools). However, I'll research it further.

iClarified already has posted some tutorials abou jailbreaking iPhone 4.x (up to 4.3.3)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.