usb formating ?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem?
I am making a slideshow of images to display on a vertically mounted 50" Sony LCD.
all the images have been setup in photoshop as JPG's on my Mac & work from the 4GB Lexar USB perfectly in Preview.
however when putting the USB into the Sony LCD, the slideshow runs through the images fine except it shows a small thumbnail of each image between each of the large full screen images ?
I rang Sony & explained what was happening & they suggested I start by formating the USB Stick to FAT 32 ??

how do I do that on my Mac ? when I go into disk utilities there is no tag for formating to FAT 32 ?

please help me ASAP if you can, how do I do it on my a mac. I have several Mac's using different OS systems from 10.1 to 10.6 if that helps ?

thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Open Disk Utility and click the drive you want to erase in the list at the left of the scream Now click the "Erase" tab. On that screen is a drop down menu which I believe defaults to OS X Extended set it to FAT 32. Name the disk and choose erase. ATPM 17.05 - How To: Using the Free Disk Utility on Your Mac

OP
S
Reaction score
Open Disk Utility and click the drive you want to erase in the list at the left of the scream Now click the "Erase" tab. On that screen is a drop down menu which I believe defaults to OS X Extended set it to FAT 32. Name the disk and choose erase. ATPM 17.05 - How To: Using the Free Disk Utility on Your Mac

thanks, but my disk utility only drops down to show 4 OS, 1, MS DOS & a UNIX file tags ?

so where do I find the FAT 32 ??

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Selecting the MS DOS option will format the drive as FAT 32.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C

chas_m

For the record, I very much doubt that will solve the problem. Good luck though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
And keep in mind it's going to erase everything on the USB so make sure you have the images stored on your computer too...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.