• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Expo

D

danielbruzual

The famous black curtains. What could they be hidind? Powerbook upgrades?

Attachments

• AE10.jpg
    AE10.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 64
Reaction score
I'll guess and say it's an image screen of some sort probably more like protecting it, than hiding it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think it's just a big banner that says: ".mac - now with 1GB iDisk space!"

*yawn*

OP
M

menace3054

Axxis22 said:
well, what happened?

nothing exciting yet... they are claiming the minor pb upgrade is iminent, they just didnt say when.. it said "hd and ram" upgrades, so nothing exciting. and intel pbs mid to late 06. if anything i think theyd introduce the dual core pmacs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Do you guys really think that the Intel Macs are going to be better, because I've heard both sides. I'm kinda sketchy, because I'm interested in buying a PB, but I'm not sure if I want a G4 now, or an Intel later. 'Course, I gotta save my money... So yeah.

OP
M

menace3054

DCraver said:
Do you guys really think that the Intel Macs are going to be better, because I've heard both sides. I'm kinda sketchy, because I'm interested in buying a PB, but I'm not sure if I want a G4 now, or an Intel later. 'Course, I gotta save my money... So yeah.

i do.. ive built intel based pcs and they fly, they have amazing hardware, its once the crap os gets slapped on and viruses kick in that they get sluggish.. i think that a p4 with os x would be sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
DCraver said:

I expect an Intel PowerBook would have slightly better battery life, and better performance on native apps, than a G4 PowerBook.

For older, PowerPC apps, a G4 PowerBook will probably offer better performance.

OS X and the iLife apps, along with other Apple software like iWork and FinalCut, will probably be Intel native from day 1. Other major software like Photoshop and Microsoft Office will probably take a few months to a year before coming out for the Intel versions. For the first six months, Intel vs. PowerPC performance will likely be a toss up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
I'm hoping that I'll be seeing the first intel macs when I take my yearly expedition to the Moscone Center for the SF 2006 Expo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.