isight Not Working In imovie After Unplugging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Hi All,

My first post here.. I switched back to the mac just yesterday after being gone a couple years.. nice to be back!

A few hours ago I was filming a video using my isight camera in imovie. During the filming my 2 year old yanked on the power cord unplugging the mac. Not fun.

I restarted a couple of times and everything seems to be ok.. except that now my isight camera won't work in imovie.. the green light comes on but nothing else happens. The camera still works fine in photobooth and I seem to be able to use imovie otherwise.. just not with the camera.

I've tried trashing the .plists's but no help.

Brand new machine.. just bought it yesterday.. so I'm kind of bummed lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Update:

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple today regarding this issue.

In the end they simply could not diagnose the problem. They sent me some diagnostic software and had me submit a report back to them. They said a technician would deal with it and get back to me in a few days.

I will post another update/solution when I hear back from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.