should I reformat

Reaction score
convinced my sister get a mac leopard 2 months old @ 18/6/11 it has deleted apps & files eg firefox gone preview gone mail gone & cannot be found by searching,lots of stuff in bin eg disk utility she would never have found so could not be deleted by mistake ,lots of stuff going wrong, thinking of clean install, would you advise this, I have had mac forever since lc 475 I have never come across this, never had any probs have had several macs Iam pretty mac savi but no expert.
did a virus check nothing there

should I reformat and zero all data I have done disk permissions they were all over the shop so did repair and checked disk nothng there it was fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the original install disc, boot and hold down 'C' after the chime, go into Utilities in Menu bar, and erase the hard drive, zeroing if you wish, and format Mac OS Extended (Journalled) and in partition select GUID. Back to Installer and run.

If a reasonably new machine consider investing in Snow Leopard OS X.6

OP
W
Reaction score
thanks for advice think I will do reformat don't really want to, I have done it before but it was a number of years ago, was hoping to find out if anyone else had had this prob??? very strange

thanx again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.