Best Firewire External Hard-Drive for Mac?

Reaction score
I have been waiting for Thunderbolt Hard-drives to come out, but with none out yet, i need a fast and reliable 3TB External Hardrive for my macbook pro.

I will be using it for All my Picture, Audio and Video Files

Pictures - Photoshop Files, all raw jpegs ect.
Video - Using in Final Cut X, HD Footage, ect
Audio - Pro Tools Files, Reason 5, ect

so i wanted a fast firewire but so far havent found anything good priced with good ratings.

looking for a super deal, around $150 for 3TB External Hard-drive with Firewire

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Much of a muchness really if you stick with a popular brand such as Western Digital other than Green, Seagate, Fujitsu, Hitchi etc. Be aware Firewire 800 drives arenever cheap. Just grab the best you can find and be happy.

Also check the warranty offered. Seagate were offering a five year warranty at one stage. Also consider Mercury Elite:-

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/1394/USB/EliteAL/eSATA_FW800_FW400_USB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 MBP i5 2.3GHz 13" 8Gb Ram 120Gb SSD
Just purchased 320Gb Seagate GoFlex at Target for $54.99 plus a Firewire 800 adapter for $19.99 at Best Buy. So far seems to work fine with Time Machine. Newegg has a 3Tb GoFlex for $149.99. Add the $19.99 for the Firewire 800 adapter and price seems reasonable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.