itunes to external....

Reaction score
I know there is a topic already about this on here.....but what is the best way to transfer your itunes library over to a external and can i transfer it to more than one because i plug one into my turntable then one into my macbook for a different software program to run for djing.......I just cant afford to mess this up so any advice and help is welcomed

C

chas_m

iTunes supports the creation of as many music libraries as you like, and they can be stored anywhere you want.

Launch iTunes with the option key held down and you will get a dialog box asking if you want to locate or create a new iTunes library. Once you have selected or created one, it will become the default until you change it or it becomes unavailable.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to directly transfer my cds to my external hard drive without copying the files onto my computer.

I have mac book pro oxs lion, and a glyph portagig 50 external drive and a huge music collection!

Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Would this also work if you want to bypass your computer's hard drive and transfer cds directly to an external drive?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Posts merged to one thread.

Please do not cross post or create more than one thread of the same topic. Your posts have been merged together here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.