Justification of Price Required

Reaction score
I've been looking around here and I'm having a hard time figuring out why the computers are a 70-100% mark-up compared to other brands of personal computers. The pretty aluminium case is certainly not worth as much as the whole rest of the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've been looking around here and I'm having a hard time figuring out why the computers are a 70-100% mark-up compared to other brands of personal computers. The pretty aluminium case is certainly not worth as much as the whole rest of the computer.

May want to try searching using the search function at the top. You'll find lots of good information already out in the forum on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27 iMac 2.93
Well, what alot(Every PC Fanboy) overlooks is that the iMac sports a IPS LED Backlit monitor. The resolution of the 27 inch is 2560x1440 to be included ontop of that marvelous monitor. If you search for that alone, you'll find the CHEAPEST price being close to 1000 dollars. Now, for the rest of the computer, since its also form factor(meaning not desktop and monitor setup but all in one) you'll have to narrow your search even further on prices, as not every brand has all in one computers for cheap. Also it incudes a bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard, shall we say, 40-80 dollars right there? i7 core processor, 4 gigs ram(Laptop Memory thus price it that way), 1TB harddrive, Wireless N Card, SD Card Slot, Dual Layer DVD Writer, High End Graphics card(Laptop Version, Price it as such). I think that about covers quite a bit of it. But in the end, you see that the price is only marked up by 100 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Apple has a margin of about 30% on its computers - hardly 70-100% but still way baove the industry average

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you do not think it is worth the money simply do not buy it. The usual recourse available to purchasers who are unhappy with price/quality.

Reaction score
The premium (for every apple product, not the iMac exclusively) is for having everything working 90% of the time.

If you look at Dell or HP or whatever, you will find that they have tons of products in their computer line up. Dell currently has around 30 if you count Alienware, and HP has over 50. If something goes wrong with one of their computers, they could completely forget about it or ignore it because they have to focus on everything else they are juggling. Now look at Apple; how many computers do they have in their product line up? 6. If something goes wrong with a Macbook Pro or an iMac, they pretty much have to fix it because that is a third of their product line.

So I believe the premium is paid for support, better construction, and (in my opinion) better software.

Reaction score
Apple has a margin of about 30% on its computers - hardly 70-100% but still way baove the industry average

Agreed! A few weeks ago we have ordered some higher level Dell business laptops for some managers at work and they came out $2300 all in. For $2600 I got my very comparable MBP. Actually not that much more.

What I noticed: The built in camera on those Dells is really low quality. Everybody comments on the great crisp picture of the iSight from the Mac. Even the iPhone has a better image quality than the Dell. With that and a bunch of other things I like about Macs I'm happy to pay an extra $300. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
as always, if you compare similar tier systems.. prices are within 1%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.