Internet explorer for mac?

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before but after a search I didn't see anything. Im trying to apply on website that only uses internet explorer. I've tried everything I can think of and research. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you for your help!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There has been an Internet Explorer for Mac for a long time..a lot of websites can be tricked by use a User Agent switcher add-on for Chrome/Firefox and saying that you are IE 6 or something..

But if the website is using some IE-specific technology, then you're out of luck and will have to use IE on a Windows machine..

It's amazing that in this day and age there are websites that code to one specific (and the WORST of the bunch) browser..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It is easy to change the User Agent in the current version of Safari and have it identify itself as another browser. This works with some sites requiring Ie so it is worth a try:

1. Launch Safari and go to Preferences
2. Select the Advanced tab
3. Check the option to "Show Develop menu in menu bar" and close the preferences.
4. From the develop menu choose User Agent and select the browser you want to use.

You only need to do steps 1 - 3 once. Step four needs t be done whenever you want to switch from Safari to something else.

I think the switch stays in place till you quit the program or switch it to something else. You don't need to, for example, switch to IE before opening each page.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Slydude, thank you especially...it worked and made my day way easier!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. Glad it helped. If this is something you have to do often it might be possible to have an AppleScript or Automator workflow to launch Safari in IE mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.