bunch of questions about boot camp and the like

Reaction score
sorry if all these questions may have been answered but honest to God
i tried to look for some but they seem out of date. so just for the sake of updated information.

So here's the thing i have a mac book pro 2.4 Ghz intel core duo 4 GB of ram
and im planning to install windows 7 note: my mac has no previous installation of windows

- is it advisable for me to install windows 7 and if so what is the recommended partition for playing around two games and needed software? in short just the right size?

- we have three macs in the house and im planning to get the windows 7 premium UPGRADE family pack. is it avisable for me to get it? i have done my fair share of research "http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/177052-windows-7-home-premium-family-pack-boot-camp-3-0-a.html" and according to this guy it is possible. but the post was over a year ago and things might have changed too much cash to risk :) so if anyone out there has just recently done it please inform me :)

-in the instance that i have already installed windows in the partition then suddenly decided to buy parallels if i reinstall the windows again on the same mac wouldnt it be voided? since its installed in two different hard drives?

i appreciate all the help i can get as you can see one wouldnt want to screw this up being that the windows 7 family pack upgrade is not exatly cheap.
thank you :)
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/177052-windows-7-home-premium-family-pack-boot-camp-3-0-a.html

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads. Please don't crosspost (post to multiple forums at once).

OP
B
Reaction score
im sorry :) i thought i wasn't able to post my first post as it didn't appear immediately sorry bout that

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.