Macbook Air 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir1,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz Number Of Processors:
I have a Macbook Air 13'' the issue is that it gets hot on only one side of the computer and the other half is cool, i dnt know if this is a problem with the fan or something. I love Macs but im really starting to get fed up with this issue. I dnt use it that much due to the heat and im afraid im gonna burn it up so i do not use it for more than an hour at a time. Anyone has any quick fix or might know why this is taking place this problem btw just started not too long ago.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no fix as there is no issue other than using it on your lap without a laptop stand.

The heat is going to be located at the area the processor is located. The processor does not cover the entire bottom area of the machine. While aluminum does act as a big heat sync, it is not going to distribute the heat from a single location evenly all along the entire bottom of the machine.

The heat is not an issue unless it gets to the point where it automatically shuts the machine down - which it is designed to do. If it's doing this, then it's time to give Apple a call and take it in.

I can't even begin to tell you how many 6-8 hour gaming sessions I have on mine with it running in excess of 90C in it's now 4 1/2 year life.

I'm sorry, but I really suggest you quit worrying about it, use your Mac the way you want to use it and if the heat is too much while sitting on your lap, get a laptop stand.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir1,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz Number Of Processors:
@bobtomay Thanks for your quick response i hope im just worrying about something stupid.. I just hate whn i use it to dj it freezes up sometimes not tht bad but it does, then once i cool it down it runs like a champ.. i got a fan for it and it works and helps to cool down the laptop..

Reaction score
@bobtomay Thanks for your quick response i hope im just worrying about something stupid.. I just hate whn i use it to dj it freezes up sometimes not tht bad but it does, then once i cool it down it runs like a champ.. i got a fan for it and it works and helps to cool down the laptop..
Do you have any programs that monitor the laptop temperatures? As he stated before, the computer will get hot if you're using it over long periods of time with high CPU strain; mine gets in the mid to high 80s (Celsius) but cools back down after use.

If you want, get something like iStat pro or MenuMeters to monitor the fans and internal temperatures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.