powerpoint 2011 on one mac doesn't work on another

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I would really appreciate some help with this. I made a bunch of talks in powerpoint 2011 on my imac and then want to run them on my mac air, which also has the same version of powerpoint. Both are running os x 10.6. The pptx files open but many slides are totally messed up. I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's hard to understand if both machines are running the same exact version of MS Office Powerpoint. In what way are they messed up?

OP
T
Reaction score
The main thing that is messed up is any copy from a "select" in preview of a pdf file. The crop is all messed up. But that is not the only thing. It is very hard to understand and hard to believe. Unfortunately for me it is also a nightmare!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'm still a little confused on the issue. You mention a copy from Preview (of a .pdf) file in your second post. Is that the issue or is that when you open the .pptx on your Air it only shows part of the slide? Have you tried simply zooming out?

OP
T
Reaction score
No it shows the whole slide. Sometime it shows three copies of the whole slide, and there are other problems, like missing text. Most problems seem to be due to the fact that I was cutting and pasting in pictures from pdf files using the 'select" tool in preview and then cropping them to make them look nice in powerpoint. All though it all looks fine on the imac the slides are messed up on the macair. Even if I try recropping the parts that were copied "special" in as pdf files, the parts that were cropped are missing so there is no way to fix it. I'm going to try now with another mac laptop and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.