Macbook either will not sleep, or wakes up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macBook Pro 13 inch Retina 2.4 GHZ Intel i5 with Mavericks
I have had my macBook for a long time now and it has suffered from this problem since it was new. I did have the system board replaced under warranty, but the problem persisted.

It was only when I was viewing system logs in pursuit of another difficulty I have "Browsers use 100% CPU and computer runs hot" which you can find under my name, that I realised there was a similarity in the log report when the system refused to sleep or woke up. The log in this instance is : Jun 19 18:51:19 macbooks-computer kernel[0]: System Wake Jun 19 18:51:19 macbooks-computer kernel[0]: IOUSBWorkLoop::closeGate - interrupt Thread being held offUSB caused wake event (EHCI)

Now I do not understand what these logs are telling me, except that USB seems to be involved. I did carry out a full hardware check today, and everything was said to be working properly.
Can anyone help me, please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are there any devices attached to the MacBook through the USB ports?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No devices connected.

Stooopid of me not to mention that!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.