Question About Images

Reaction score
When I clicked on "Images" and all of my images came up, I noticed a lot of icons and such that I didn't recognize. Some were blocks of colors, flags, icons, and some were photos that I have never seen before.
Should I delete all these things or are they an integral part of my operating system?

Thank you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Clicked on images where? Which application? Or are you referring to images that are located in the Pictures folder under your user name?

In any event, it's best not to delete any images until you find out what they belong to. That's why we need some idea of where exactly these images are located.

OP
K
Reaction score
Need Help Please

I posted this question a few days ago but no one responded and I can't find the original question.

The other day I clicked on "Images" in Finder looking for a particular photo.
While scrolling, I saw a lot of strange images, icons, blocks of various colors, photos that look like they came from the Internet but I didn't put them there.
I also saw many different kinds of flags and all sorts of odd images.

Should I delete these or leave them alone?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your original post is here. You can always find your original post by searching for your user name and the post. Your original question has been replied to.

C

chas_m

The answer to the OP's actual question is "yes, those are integral parts of your system and apps and you should not remove them."

The "All Images" folder in the finder sidebar is not a folder at all -- it's an instant search of your entire hard drive to find (literally) all the images, no matter where they are or what they are part of. So the flags, for example, are probably the flags OS X itself uses to identify what language has been chosen as the default.

Again, leave them alone. Because the "All Images" folder is not really a folder, it also can't be managed like a folder. If you remove things from it, they will actually be removed from the real place they are actually stored -- even inside programs -- and this WILL cause havoc and data loss, so again ... leave it alone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.