copy image address

Reaction score
sorry if this is the wrong section...being new to macs I wanted to copy an image address of a photo on ebay to post on a forum, on windows right click etc, but I cant seem to find anything to copy the image address on the mac, right clicking either gives me copy link or view source etc ?
cheers for any help

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This depends on the browser. In Chrome, you can right click and select "Copy Image URL." What browser are you using?

EDIT: Safari - "Copy Image Address"; Firefox - "Copy Image Location"; Opera - "Copy Image Address"

OP
N
Reaction score
Im using bog standard google.....on some sites I can right click and copy image address
but on ebay I don't get it...strange..Im using safari

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've seen this before and can't explain the technical aspects of it but the page is coded in such a way to prevent people from saving the pictures in items up for bid.

Why not just link people to the bid?

OP
N
Reaction score
yep thats what I have been doing, looks like I'll have to leave it at that,
cheers for the help and advice anyways.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
sorry if this is the wrong section...being new to macs I wanted to copy an image address of a photo on ebay to post on a forum, on windows right click etc, but I cant seem to find anything to copy the image address on the mac, right clicking either gives me copy link or view source etc ?
cheers for any help

If I understand what you're trying to do.....

That's an eBay restriction which has been in effect for quite some time. You are not allowed to copy any images or image URL from eBay. It's for the protection of the seller and eBay.

Reaction score
I haven't tried it with ebay, but there could feasibly be a workaround if you view the source of the webpage and do a text search for '.jpg' (assuming that most images on ebay are jpeg's). Locate the url that you think relates to the image you want, copy that address and paste it in your browser bar and see if it pulls up just the image. Again, don't know if it works with ebay, but I've used it at other times and often does the trick.

EDIT: I just tried with a picture of a flashlight from an ebay listing. If the image shows up below, then it may work for you.

!BhKlH4gBWk~$(KGrHqMH-EUEsL!4fZ9ZBLH9qRQfWg~~_1.JPG

Now that all that's said and done, I still think that copying the link is likely the best route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.