• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just an FYI Wondershare shared my credit card info...

Reaction score
with a third party after a purchase today, and added an automatic and recurring charge to my visa.

I did receive an apology and a statement saying they're aware of the issue and it has to do with their online partner.

...Great products I was really surprised, but if you were thinking of purchasing I'd hold off until its completely resolved.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Your post was moved to our off topic forum, "The Lounge" as it really has nothing to do with OS X Applications and games. Please read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

Also, I hope you cancelled the credit card as soon as you found that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Thats unfourtunate. What's wondershare?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What are they? One of the great number of Chinese companies that produce massive amounts of spam. For a great read about these spammers and scammers, have a read of a Macworld editorial.

Speaking with spammers | Web | Playlist | Macworld

While you may not have noticed, that group is spamming just this forum in the neighborhood of 1,000 times a year. Not a single one of them should be getting a penny of your money. They're definitely not getting a penny of mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Interesting - One of their products made it onto the Macupdate Promo - all the comments said they were spammers. It seems they try to mainly sell filetype converters under various different names. Anyway it was some PDF converter product so it looked interesting - until I read the comments. Glad I didn't bite.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yes, these same companies have most recently gotten into document converters using the same spamming tactics.

Here's the short list of these companies reprinted from the Macworld article (with a few others we see here).

3Herosoft
4Easysoft
4Media
4Videosoft
AirproSoft
Aimersoft
Aiseesoft
Any Total
AppleXsoft
Aunsoft
AVAide
AVCWare
Brorsoft
Cucusoft
Daniusoft
Dawn Ark
Doremisoft
iFunia
iMacSoft
ImTOO Software Studio
iSkysoft
Joboshare
Mac DVD Ripper Soft
Pavtube
Topmediasoft
Wondershare
Xilisoft

I'll share the last paragraph of the article by Christopher Breen here also:

But that's our job as forum keepers. This doesn’t help normal folks who routinely stumble upon the spam in forums not kept clean or come across phony testimonials and reviews when seeking information on legitimate tools. But you can keep from rewarding these companies (and, perhaps, help convince them that marketing this way only hurts them). You can do that by taking any recommendation you find in a forum or on a questionable Website for this kind of software with a very large grain of salt. These and similar companies have saturated the Web with their loathsome advertising and it’s often difficult to discern the truth. Generally speaking, if one of these utilities is packaged in a very generic looking “box” and has a cartoonish interface (or looks like it was ported from Windows), send a message to the spammers by avoiding it like the plague.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.